dinsdag 18 september 2007

Emily Dickinson


It's all I have to bring today
This, and my heart beside
This, and my heart, and all the fields
And all the meadows wide
Be sure you count
should I forget Some one the sum could tell
This, and my heart, and all the Bees
Which in the Clover dwell.
l
Emily Dickinson (December 10, 1830May 15, 1886) was an American poet. Though virtually unknown in her lifetime, Dickinson has come to be regarded, along with Walt Whitman, as one of the two quintessential American poets of the 19th century.
Dickinson lived an introverted and hermetic life. Although she wrote, at the last count, 1,789 poems, only a handful of them were published during her lifetime. Some of these published anonymously and some may have been published without her knowledge.
Tonight I saw a play about Emily played by
www.rosmarie.nl/Emily_Dickinson_voorstelling.

Geen opmerkingen: